Gifts That Make An Impact Now
If you would like to make an impact with the Louisiana Bar Foundation today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
To support the Louisiana Bar Foundation’s current work, make a gift online or by mail:
The Louisiana Bar Foundation
1615 Poydras Street, Suite 1000
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
You can conveniently initiate a grant from your DAF using the link below. Simply type in the name of your fund sponsor and the system will prompt you through the process.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf of our citizens and their families? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to the LBF, from which we will match any donation made within a given period of time. In this way, you can double the impact of your giving.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
- You must be 70½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000 to all organizations.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the Louisiana Bar Foundation.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the Louisiana Bar Foundation so it does not count as income for the year.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
You can download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here to start the distribution process. You may also be able to request a qualified charitable distribution through your online account portal.
Please note: If you are still working and contributing to a retirement account, this gift could impact your taxable income. Please consult a qualified advisor before making a gift.